Saturday, May 25, 2013

So Thankful!!

Thank you Lord for the greatest gifts I could ever ask for!!! This has been repeated by me about a million times the last 5 days!!! Being a mom is truly the greatest feeling I have ever had!!

I've spent since Thursday afternoon with Tycen at St. Vincents and watching the strides he is making everyday makes me the proudest mommy!!! When I went in this morning, he was tube free except his pic line!! He looked so much happier without all the tubes on his face!! He was able to start feedings today, so I got to give him a bottle with 5cc of breastmilk and he sucked it down like a pro!!! His second feeding he didn't want to drink, so we had to have a tube put back in his nose so we could feed him thru that, he didn't like it being placed, but he was a big boy and handled it really well. Brodie tried to give him his third feeding, which at first he didn't want to drink, but he ended up drinking it great!! We are hopeful that he will keep with the swallowing so we can do all bottle feedings and not have to use the tube!! He's still under a bill light, but his numbers are steadily going down, so hopefully he will be off that soon. He's doing awesome from his surgery and his incision looks great.

I came back to Lafayette tonight and will be spending the next couple days with Parker while Brodie is with Tycen. The nurses were able to get me a sleep room at the hospital, and were even gracious enough to give me my "old room" back!! Parker looks great!! He's also still under his bill lights, but hopefully can get those turned off soon!! He's eating about 40-50cc every 4 hours, which sometimes he takes better than others, but he's a strong eater. He's been sleeping since I got here, but as long as I'm here next to him I know he knows I'm here....even though I really just want to pick him up and hold him!!!

Thank you for all your continued prayers!!! We know we are surrounded by so much love and prayers and it feels amazing!!! We are so blessed with the greatest family and friends we could ever ask for!! Please continue to pray for Parker and Tycen as they continue to grow and also for Brodie and I as we continue to go back and forth between the boys.

These boys are what we have prayed for so long and to look into their eyes and see them stare back at us makes every moment of this journey a million times worth it!! We have been so blessed!!

No comments:

Post a Comment