Wednesday, May 22, 2013

Unexpected Day!!!

Well, Monday, May 20th proved to be the day our boys decided they wanted to enter the world!!! It was all in all a normal day until about 4:30pm when I started feeling contractions. I didn't really think much of it since I had been feeling contractions off and on for awhile, but I asked my nurse to hook me to the monitor just to be sure they were going to stop after my meds.

Dr. S came over about 5:30pm just to check on me, and I was still contracting. We decided the best thing tyo do would be for me to be checked just to make sure everything was okay, well my check proved me to be 2cm dilated. She wanted me to stay on the monitor another hour and we would see how things were at that time. Well, the contractions didn't stop, and they were getting closer, and stronger, so she decided it was time for us to meet our boys!! I called Brodie to have him hurry in, and my parents just happened to be coming to see us that night, so they were there shortly after I found out I would be delivering shortly...totally proves God works in mysterious ways!!

About 7:20pm I walked back to the OR with a crew of some of the greatest medical professionals in the world!! At 8:13 pm, Parker Nellyn made his appearance, weighing 5# 7 ounces and 19 inches long, at 8:14 pm, Tycen Robert joined his brother on the outside, weighing 5# and 19 inches long.

While I was in recovery, Brodie was meeting our sons in the NICU and was informed that Tycen had a minor problem, and would be transferred to St. Vincents in Indy. Of course, when he told me what was going on, I was completely shocked and all I knew was I didn't want my family seperated, so if he was going, I wanted all of us to go, but that wasn't an option. We quickly decided that Brodie would go with Tycen to Indy. The transport team was there quickly, and that quick, I had to watch my brand new baby leave. To say it was the hardest thing I've ever done would be the biggest understatement!!

Tycen underwent surgery on Tuesday around 2:00pm, and things went great. He is still breathing with the help of a vent, but we are praying he will be off soon!!! Parker is doing great and has less tubes attached to him this evening than he did this morning!! Brodie has been staying in Indy with Tycen and when I get released tomorrow, I will be going there to be with Tycen, and Brodie will come to St E to be with Parker!! We think its important that we each bond equally with both of them until we can have our family together!!! I have attached a picture of Parker, and will get one of Tycen tomorrow and put it on here!!

A huge thank you to everyone for all your thoughts and prayers for us during this journey, and I ask that you keep praying for our boys that they overcome the obstacles they are each faced with and that our family will be together soon!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment